Pro-Poly is a high strength polyethylene adhesive for coupling of HDPE pipe using standard PVC couplings, HDPE couplings and other non-standard materials. Pro-Poly is also used for bonding polypropylene, LDPE, ABS, polycarbonate, nylon, fiberglass, steel and aluminum.
Pro-Poly Video (Windows Media Player)
35 ml cartridges - One 35ml cartridge of Pro-Poly typically adheres 7 to 10 - 2" couplings.
Performance of Cured Materials
|Lap Shear Strength
|HDPE to PVC||175|
|HDPE to Steel||120|
|HDPE to Aluminum||210|
|HDPE to ABS||307|
|HDPE to HDPE||310|
|Polypropylene to Polypropylene||307|
|Nylon to Nylon||250|
|Kydec to Kydec||200|
|Polycarbonate to Polycarbonate||240|
|Steel to Steel||350|
|Aluminum to Aluminum||360|
Cure Schedule at Various Temperatures
|Curing Time||40°F (Lbs/inch)||75°F (Lbs/inch2)||100°F (Lbs/inch2)|
Instructions for Use
- Sand coupling inside and duct ends outside to prepare bonding area. Use included 120 grit emery cloth or sand paper.
- Place cartridge into dispensing tool.
- Remove cap from cartridge.
- Purge cartridge to ensure both components are being extruded.
- Attach static mixer to cartridge. Using constant and even pressure, extrude material onto a clean surface until uniform color and consistency is established (4"-8" of material). If dispensing is altered, re-establish uniform color prior to continuing.
- Apply Pro-Poly in a 1/8" to 1/4" bead around the leading edge of the duct or conduit.
- Attach coupling and ducts within the 3 minute working time of the adhesive.
- For subsequent applications using the same cartridge, after ducts and coupling are prepared; remove used static mixer and follow steps 4 through 7.
Disclaimer of Warranties: Neither manufacturer nor seller has any knowledge or control concerning the purchaser's use of the product. No expressed warranty is made by manufacturer or seller with respect to the results of any use of the product or container that the product comes in. No implied warranties including, but not limited to, an implied warranty of merchantability or an implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose are made with respect to the product. Neither manufacturer nor seller assume any liability for personal injury, loss or damage resulting from the use of the product. In the event that the product shall prove defective, buyer's exclusive remedy shall be as follows: Seller or manufacturer shall, upon request of buyer, replace any quantity of the product which is proven to be defective or shall, at its option, refund the purchase price of the product upon return of the product. Manufacturer shall not be responsible for use of this product in a manner to infringe on any patent held by others.